Having been in the practice of Plastic Surgery and specifically Cosmetic Surgery, for over 27 years, Dr. Brown provides a full range of cosmetic surgery procedures in an accredited hospital using board-certified anesthesiologists. Dr. Brown has arranged “special rates” so patients can enjoy the safety of a hospital operating environment at the cost of an in-office surgery center.
Dr. Brown believes in thoroughly informing patients before surgery and complete honesty throughout the entire surgical experience. Successful cosmetic surgery results in the patient’s increased confidence and self-esteem and encourages a positive, healthier and happier lifestyle. We believe that education before, during and after your surgery is one of the keys to ensuring your satisfaction.
Boston University, graduating in 1962 A.B. cum laude with distinction in the field of Biology.
New York University, graduating in June 1966.
Bellevue Hospital, New York City, July 1966 through June 1967.
Surgery: Bellevue Hospital, New York City, July 1967 through June 1968.
Plastic Surgery: Tufts New England Medical Center, July 1968 through June 1973.
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, July 1973 through June 1975.
Chief Resident, July 1970 through June 1975.
American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1977 #1762.
State of Connecticut, 1975 #016054.
- Senior Attending Plastic Surgeon, St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center,
Hartford, Chief of Plastic Surgery 1980 to 1990;
- Senior Attending Plastic Surgeon, New Britain General Hospital, Chief of
Plastic Surgery, 1980 to 1998;
- Courtesy Staff, Department of Plastic Surgery, Connecticut Children’s Medical
Center, Hartford, CT;
- Courtesy Staff, Department of Surgery, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT;
- Consultant in Plastic Surgery, The Rehabilitation Hospital of Connecticut,
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, John Dempsey Hospital, Farmington CT;
- Initiated and active in the teaching Program of the University of Connecticut
School of Medicine.
- Chairman of the Board – One Lap for Kids, a non- profit children’s charity;
- Board Member – EVE, a non-profit charity against domestic violence;
- Board Member – NYDI, a non-profit charity to promote dance in the inner city;
- Medical/Legal Consultant for Defense, Specializing in Wound Evaluations-Surgical and Wrongful Deaths, 1975 to present.
Fellow, American College of Surgeons.
- Major in US ARMY Medical Corps 1971 to 1973;
- Served one year in Republic of Vietnam as a general/plastic surgeon;
- Served one year at Fort Devens, MA as Chief of general/plastic surgery;
- Awarded Bronze Star for gallantry;
- Awarded Vietnamese Service Medal;
- Awarded Vietnamese Civil Action Medal;
- Awarded Vietnamese Campaign Medal;
- Awarded National Defense Medal;
- Member – Connecticut War Veterans Memorial Register of Remembrance
- Donor of Connecticut’s Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS), Past Chairman, National
Council of Regional Societies 1986 to 1988, also Past Chairman of
Committees for Public Safety, Art Exhibition, and Practice Enhancement;
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), Member of
Marketing, By-laws and Public Education Committees, 1992 to present;
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery;
- Connecticut Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (CSPRS),
Founder, 1980, and Charter President, 1981 to 1983;
- New England Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
(NESPRS), Member with service as Secretary-Treasurer, Vice President
- Northeast Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (NSPR);
- Hartford County Medical Association;
- Connecticut State Medical Society;
- American Medical Association;
American Cleft Palate Society, American Society of Breast Surgeons,
American Society of Wound Healing;
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care;
- Lipoplasty Society.
- Pathologenesis of Candida Albicans, active research as a National Science
Foundation Undergraduate Research Fellow;
- A Mesenteric Cyst in the Acute Abdomen, Lower Extremity, Brown, SA
Athans, J Newton Wellesley Hospital 1969;
- Clinical Application of Flaps of the Lower Extremity, Brown, SA Athans, J
Presented to Chief Resident’s meeting Surgery April 1971;
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Vietnam, Brown, SA, Presented to
NESPRS May 1973;
- Total Reconstruction of the Lower Lip, Brown, SA, Presented to Ohio
Valley Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Chief Residents Meeting
March 1975 and to NESPRS 1976;
- The Simple Way – A Better Way Sometimes, Brown, SA, An essay presented
to NESPRS 1980;
- Factitious Ulcerations, Sudarshan, S Brown, SA, Presented to NESPRS
- An Unusual Cleft, Frescette, C Brown, SA, Presented to NESPRS 1980;
Customized Total Breast Reconstruction, Brown, SA, Presented to NESPRS
- Suction Assisted Lipectomy Video, Co-Editor, for ASPRS 1983;
- Breast Reconstruction Without Extensive Surgical Commitment, Brown, SA
Dick, GO, Presented to ASAPS April 1985, Published in Plastic and
Reconstructive Surgery April 1986;
- The Electric Injury: Origins and Treatment, Felice, PR, Belinkie, SA,
Becker, DR, Brown, SA, Journal of Conn. State Medical Society November 1986;
- Salivary Gland Fistula Following Rhytidectomy, Kelly, C, Brown, SA,
Belinkie, SA, Presented to NESPRS 1986;
- Multiple Agminate Spitz Nevus, Renfro, L, Grant-Kels, J, Brown, SA, 1993;
- Pro Choice and Post Mastectomy Breast Reconstruction: A Review of 100
Consecutive Cases, Brown, SA, Brzezienski, MA, Belinkie, SA, Presented
to NESPRS 1992;
- Risk Management and Quality Health Care, Brown, SA, Presented to
NESPRS June 2002;
- Malpractice Insurance Crisis-Fact vs Fiction, Brown, SA, Presented to
NSPS October 2003.
- AMA National Physicians’ Recognition Award, bestowed since 1980, every
3 years to present;
- Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery 1999 through 2001
and 2002 through 2005;
- Special AMA Award of Service (1 of 16 recipients) for development of
“One Hope for Kids”, a non-profit children’s cancer charity.